WHAT HAPPENS IN A REIKI SESSION?
HOW DOES REIKI WORK?
Reiki acts by calming the sympathetic portion of the autonomic nervous system. When the body is under constant stress this sympathetic or “Fight-or-Flight” portion of the nervous system is in charge. Reiki shifts the body into the parasympathetic or “Rest-and-Digest” portion of the autonomic nervous system. This is the portion that is in charge when we are relaxed, able to digest our food, and our bodies can heal. When applying Reiki with other treatments, like massage, acupuncture, and fertility treatments, Reiki increases their effectiveness.
SOME EFFECTS OF REIKI
• Can help release stored emotions
• Speeds healing
• Decreases pain
• Aids sleep
• Improves Immune function
CONDITIONS THAT RESPOND TO REIKI
• Nervous System Disorders
• Unexplained Infertility
• Before and after surgery/procedures
• Pain Management:
Cancer related pain
• Emotional transition with terminal illness
• Stress reduction
• Difficulty sleeping
• Overall pregnancy health
• Pain and anxiety reduction during labor
• Pre-and post-surgically for cesarean birth
• Transitioning during the postpartum period
• High stress lifestyle or career